[PPL-devel] ppl test failures on mac

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sat Oct 6 10:28:22 CEST 2012

On 10/06/12 03:24, Mark A. McLaughlin wrote:
> make  check-TESTS
> PASS: C_Expr
> PASS: linearform1
> PASS: linearize
> PASS: digitalfilters1
> PASS: bdshape1
> PASS: bdshape2
> PASS: octagonalshape1
> PASS: octagonalshape2
> tests failed: test04 test05
> FAIL: polyhedron1
> tests failed: test04 test05
> FAIL: polyhedron2
> ======================================
> 2 of 10 tests failed
> Please report to ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it <mailto:ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it>
> ======================================
>
> I just download, configured, compiled, and tested ppl-1.0. Two of
> the tests failed (as listed above). The messages states that I
> should report this.

Hello Mark.

Thanks for the report.  I believe this is due to the fact that
LLVM does not provide support for the -frounding-math option,
and this may result into incorrectness of the floating-point
based domains.  Moreover, llvm-gcc masquerades as gcc, which
defeats our configure script.

If you use the domains that are based on floating-point numbers,
then only solution is to use GCC (the real thing) instead of LLVM.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you need help.
Kind regards,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
                               BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
                               mailto:roberto.bagnara at bugseng.com