[PPL-devel] ppl test failures on mac

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Oct 7 18:15:34 CEST 2012

On 10/06/12 10:28, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> On 10/06/12 03:24, Mark A. McLaughlin wrote:
>> make  check-TESTS
>> PASS: C_Expr
>> PASS: linearform1
>> PASS: linearize
>> PASS: digitalfilters1
>> PASS: bdshape1
>> PASS: bdshape2
>> PASS: octagonalshape1
>> PASS: octagonalshape2
>> tests failed: test04 test05
>> FAIL: polyhedron1
>> tests failed: test04 test05
>> FAIL: polyhedron2
>> ======================================
>> 2 of 10 tests failed
>> Please report to ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it <mailto:ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it>
>> ======================================
>>
>> I just download, configured, compiled, and tested ppl-1.0. Two of
>> the tests failed (as listed above). The messages states that I
>> should report this.
>
> Hello Mark.
>
> Thanks for the report.  I believe this is due to the fact that
> LLVM does not provide support for the -frounding-math option,
> and this may result into incorrectness of the floating-point
> based domains.  Moreover, llvm-gcc masquerades as gcc, which
> defeats our configure script.
>
> If you use the domains that are based on floating-point numbers,
> then only solution is to use GCC (the real thing) instead of LLVM.
> Please do not hesitate to ask if you need help.

I forgot to say that if you don't need the domains that are based
on floating-point numbers you could configure the PPL with the

   --disable-fpmath

options and then retry the `make check' (to make sure the other
parts of the PPL have been compiled OK).
Please let us know how it goes.
Thanks,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Parma, Italy
http://www.cs.unipr.it/~bagnara/
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it