[PPL-devel] why ppl configure fails

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Mar 28 16:48:49 CEST 2011

On 03/28/11 16:06, Dennis Clarke wrote:

>> I strongly suspect that the test program you used for this experiment
>> has nothing to do with PPL 0.11.2:
>>
>> $ wget ftp.cs.unipr.it:/pub/ppl/releases/0.11.2/ppl-0.11.2.tar.bz2
>
> That *is* what I am using now.

>> $ find ppl-0.11.2 -type f | xargs grep GMP_BITS_PER_MP_LIMB
>> $
>
> Sorry .. I'll have to dig into this later .. like next week. Thus far
> however I have put too much time into it this weekend and still have never
> seen ppl compile and work once, ever, in the last few years it has never
> worked even once on a standard Solaris server.

I have reports that PPL 0.11.2 works fine on Solaris.  If you have indications
to the contrary, please use the issue-tracking system.  Before doing so, it
may be useful to read http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

> That is a very poor track
> record given that I can generally make most things work well on Solaris.
> Very very frustrating to work with ppl but I'll take another crack at it
> .. next week.

Feel free to consult the issue-tracking system and the archives of this
very mailing list.  You will discover that the set of people who found
working with the PPL "frustrating" is a singleton: just you.

I am not replying to your other message, which is insulting, unprofessional,
and reflects poorly on you and on Blastwave.org.  I advise you to conduct
future insult slinging in private messages rather than on a public list.

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it