[PPL-devel] why ppl configure fails

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Mon Mar 28 16:06:06 CEST 2011

> I strongly suspect that the test program you used for this experiment
> has nothing to do with PPL 0.11.2:
>
> $ wget ftp.cs.unipr.it:/pub/ppl/releases/0.11.2/ppl-0.11.2.tar.bz2

That *is* what I am using now.

> $ find ppl-0.11.2 -type f | xargs grep GMP_BITS_PER_MP_LIMB
> $

Sorry .. I'll have to dig into this later .. like next week. Thus far
however I have put too much time into it this weekend and still have never
seen ppl compile and work once, ever, in the last few years it has never
worked even once on a standard Solaris server. That is a very poor track
record given that I can generally make most things work well on Solaris.
Very very frustrating to work with ppl but I'll take another crack at it
.. next week.

--
Dennis Clarke
dclarke at opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris