[PPL-devel] Polyhedra formats and ppl_lcdd

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Jul 8 17:43:50 CEST 2011

On 07/08/11 16:17, Ramakrishna Upadrasta wrote:
> Hello PPL Users,

Hi Ramakrishna.

> I have been interested in performance of different polyhedra libraries
> and was pleasantly surprised to find the following page:
> http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/performance
>
> I have a couple of points/questions on the same.
>
> 1. Where can I find the file ppl_lcdd.cc?

In a PPL source distribution.

> Does it convert polyhedra of
> format X into Y, where X and Y are in {PolyLib, PPL, CDDLib}?

No.

> How can it be used?

After installation of the PPL, see `man ppl_lcdd'.
If you prefer not to install, then do

     nroff -man ppl_lcdd.1 | less

> 2. The link to the code to ppl_lcdd.cc seems to be broken and may need
> to be fixed. I am not sure if the doc files talk about it.

Fixed: thanks!

> 3. Has the comparison been updated? The dates seem to refer to 2009.
> Please refer me to a recent version of the same, if available.

No, it has not been updated.  But you can reproduce it.
See the lines

   //#define USE_POLKA 1
   //#define USE_POLYLIB 1

at the beginning of ppl_lcdd.cc.  And of course, you should first install
the right versions of New Polka and PolyLib.
Please let us know how it goes and if you run into problems.

> Thanks for help in this!

Our pleasure.
Cheers,

   Roberto

P.S. What you are working on?  We would be glad to know.

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it