[PPL-devel] Undefined PPL references attempting to build cloog-ppl

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Sat Sep 18 09:58:02 CEST 2010

Peter Kruse wrote:
> Hello,

Hello.

> I'm replying to this thread I found in the archive:
> http://www.cs.unipr.it/pipermail/ppl-devel/2009-August/015195.html
> since I was hit by the same error while trying to build PPL under
> Solaris 10/Sparc with gcc 4.5.1.
> It does not seem to be solved because in Version 0.11 of PPL the same
> error occurs
> nor could I find a solution, so I had to look myself.  It turned out
> the the problem is related
> to sed.  With Solaris' sed it does not work, but with GNU sed it
> works.

Your diagnosis is correct. We came to the same conclusion here:

   https://www.cs.unipr.it/mantis/view.php?id=103

and added a README.solaris file recommending that GNU sed should be used
in all cases.

Unfortunately, the sentence in README.solaris was a little ambiguous in
mentioning the Java language interface, while the problem is affecting
all interfaces. Hence, I just committed in a less ambiguous sentence:

http://www.cs.unipr.it/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ppl/ppl.git;a=commit;h=7f6f8d36f5f925c7ef440823d0223a9fa1b72962

Thanks anyway for reporting.

Regards,
Enea Zaffanella.