[PPL-devel] PPL broken for Canadian-cross builds

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Mar 29 13:45:24 CEST 2009

Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
>> thanks for the detailed explanation.  I admit we always have postoponed the
>> issue of cross-compilation... to the point we almost forgot it.  We will
>> fix the PPL asap.  Can we come back to you in case we are unsure about which
>> defaults can be considered safe?
>
> I can test whether a candidate fixed tarball works (to build PPL and GCC
> in such an environment) in this case; [...]

Hi there,

the PPL 0.10.1 snapshots available at

     ftp://ftp.cs.unipr.it/pub/ppl/snapshots/

contain all the fixes to problems and glitches that have been reported to
us and may affect GCC.  Concerning cross-compilation, we have fixed the
configuration procedure and made several portability improvements: we
have tested these changes cross-compiling for arm-elf and i686-pc-mingw32.

Please let us know if this is OK as far as GCC 4.4 is concerned.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it