[PPL-devel] Ocaml docs being built even though interface is not enabled

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Tue Oct 28 09:27:35 CET 2008

I realized just now that I haven't fully answered your question:

Michael Tautschnig wrote:
[...]
 > how did you fix it
[...]

We had two problems interacting.

The first one was that distributed built docs were depending from
non-distributed built files. This has been solved by following the
guidelines in Section 27.5 of the Automake manual. The corresponding
commit is the following:

http://www.cs.unipr.it/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ppl/doc/Makefile.am.diff?r1=1.92;r2=1.93;cvsroot=PPL

The second problem was that we were cleaning the distributed
documentation. Why? Because otherwise we had a `make distcheck' failure.
In this case we chose to follow what said in Section 14.4 of the
Automake manual, adding (in the top-level Makefile.am):

distcleancheck_listfiles = \
     find -type f -exec sh -c 'test -f $(srcdir)/{} || echo {}' ';'

[NOTE: the actual reason I am telling all of this is that I would like
to know if there are better ways of solving the issue ...]

Cheers,
Enea.