[PPL-devel] Problems building snapshot 0.10pre32

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Oct 10 08:16:39 CEST 2008

Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> The package builds fine, but apparently libppl-c has seen a SONAME change (0 ->
> 2); was that intentional? The ChangeLog doesn't contain any information about
> recent changes, and it doesn't seem to be documented elsewhere.

Dear Michael,

the ChangeLog is updated just before the official releases and a few other
times.  Concerning the version info of the C interface, here is its history,
as reported in the file interfaces/C/Makefile.am:

#       PPL release             -version-info
#           0.1                     -----
#           0.2                     -----
#           0.3                     -----
#           0.4                     0:0:0
#           0.5                     1:0:1
#           0.6                     1:0:1
#           0.6.1                   1:0:1
#           0.7                     1:0:1
#           0.8                     1:0:1
#           0.9                     1:0:1
#           0.10                    2:0:0

LIBPPL_C_LT_CURRENT =  2
LIBPPL_C_LT_REVISION = 0
LIBPPL_C_LT_AGE =      0

> Because of the
> resulting new binary package libppl-c2 the upload is now awaiting approval by
> Debian ftp-masters and it will take a few more days until it reaches the Debian
> archives.

I thought this was only an exercise to make sure there are no packaging problems.
I mean, the official release of PPL 0.10 is really imminent now so it is probably
best to wait and ship the real thing.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it