[PPL-devel] Problems building snapshot 0.10pre32

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Oct 10 18:37:56 CEST 2008

Hi!

[...]
> the ChangeLog is updated just before the official releases and a few other
> times.  Concerning the version info of the C interface, here is its history,
> as reported in the file interfaces/C/Makefile.am:
>
> #       PPL release             -version-info
> #           0.1                     -----
> #           0.2                     -----
> #           0.3                     -----
> #           0.4                     0:0:0
> #           0.5                     1:0:1
> #           0.6                     1:0:1
> #           0.6.1                   1:0:1
> #           0.7                     1:0:1
> #           0.8                     1:0:1
> #           0.9                     1:0:1
> #           0.10                    2:0:0
>
> LIBPPL_C_LT_CURRENT =  2
> LIBPPL_C_LT_REVISION = 0
> LIBPPL_C_LT_AGE =      0

Ah, ok, thanks!

>> Because of the
>> resulting new binary package libppl-c2 the upload is now awaiting approval by
>> Debian ftp-masters and it will take a few more days until it reaches the Debian
>> archives.
>
> I thought this was only an exercise to make sure there are no packaging problems.
> I mean, the official release of PPL 0.10 is really imminent now so it is probably
> best to wait and ship the real thing.
> All the best,

The package inspection by ftp-masters is imminent whenever a new binary package
name is introduced. But don't worry, this should only be a formal act.

As the effort of packaging and building new versions of ppl is not really huge,
I do prefer uploading those snapshots as well as it may be easier to spot
problems early.

Best,
Michael