[PPL-devel] Problems building snapshot 0.10pre32

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Oct 10 00:06:19 CEST 2008

> Michael Tautschnig wrote:
>> I was just about to package and upload the pre32 snapshot to upload to
>> Debian/unstable, but building fails because of an unused variable:
>>
>> make[5]: Entering directory `/home/tautschn/ppl/ppl-0.10~pre32/demos/ppl_lpsol'
>> i486-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../..  -I../../interfaces/C   -pedantic
>> -std=gnu89 -Werror -g -O2 -frounding-math -Wall -g -O2 -W -Wall -MT ppl_lpsol.o
>> -MD -MP -MF .deps/ppl_lpsol.Tpo -c -o ppl_lpsol.o ppl_lpsol.c
>> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
>> ppl_lpsol.c:1184: error: 'glpk_message_interceptor' defined but not used
>>
>> Could you let us know once a fixed snapshot is available?
>
> Dear Michael,
>
> a fixed snapshot is being uploaded to
>
>     ftp://ftp.cs.unipr.it/pub/ppl/snapshots/
>
> Please, let us know how it goes.
> Thanks for the report,

The package builds fine, but apparently libppl-c has seen a SONAME change (0 ->
2); was that intentional? The ChangeLog doesn't contain any information about
recent changes, and it doesn't seem to be documented elsewhere. Because of the
resulting new binary package libppl-c2 the upload is now awaiting approval by
Debian ftp-masters and it will take a few more days until it reaches the Debian
archives.

Best,
Michael