[PPL-devel] PROBLEM with installation

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Jun 15 15:57:11 CEST 2004

Joycee Mekie wrote:
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for C compiler default output... a.out
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
> checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yes
> checking for inline... inline
> checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
> checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
> checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
> checking for g++... g++
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
> checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
> checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
> checking for the GMP library... no
> configure: error: Cannot find GMP version 4.1.2 or higher.
> GMP is the GNU Multi-Precision library:
> see http://www.swox.com/gmp/ for more information.
> Do not forget to enable the C++ interface: add --enable-cxx
> to the configuration options.

Dear Sir,

from your (rather terse) message, I gather that your installation
of GMP, if any, has not been compiled with the C++ interface enabled.
Please check out http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Download/requirements
for instructions on how to compile and install GMP properly
and tell the PPL configure script where the right version
of GMP has been installed.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it