[PPL-devel] Static linking and running on both windows and linux

anoninus wundermonk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:28:12 CET 2022

Hi Roberto,

Thanks. Based on looking at the c++ code of ppl_lcdd, I have indeed been
able to figure out the way to do the V to H convex hull computation.

However, I have some difficulty understanding the following:

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 2:05 AM Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it> wrote:

> Regarding your other question, the PPL can be compiled for Windows using
> MinGW.

I have looked at the installation instructions at:

https://www.bugseng.com/parma-polyhedra-library/ppl-portability
https://www.bugseng.com/ppl-requirements
https://www.bugseng.com/ppl-download

I have installed MinGW on my Windows computer. Are you saying that I should
*install* PPL using MinGW? On a linux machine, after downloading the bzip2
tar archive, I was indeed able to run ./configure, make and make install
just fine. On a windows machine, I do not know how to *install* the library
so that the system is able to "see" the ppl.hh file, for instance. In other
words, what are the equivalent steps to take on the windows machine to
./configure, make and make install?

Install and README.configure links on the ppl-download page do not seem to
point at any specific page. They currently point to the same page.

Or, is it that I should just store the contents of the folder obtained
after extracting the zip file on
https://www.bugseng.com/ppl-download on any location of my choice on the
windows machine.
Then, should I just inform my IDE on Windows (Visual Studio 2019) to find
the header files in this folder? For e.g., the header file, ppl.hh is
located in the src/ subfolder. Of course, then, as you suggest, I will
change the settings in my IDE to use the MinGW toolchain instead of the
MSVC toolchain.

Thank you.
Tryer.