[PPL-devel] Thread Safety (continued)

John Paulson jpaulson1289 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 18:54:37 CEST 2016

Hi Enea and Roberto,

Thank you very much for all of the work you have done on threading with
PPL. I have a couple of questions about the current status of the thread
safety. A project I am currently working on needs to have multiple threads
working simultaneously on distinct PPL objects. Is that possible with the
new thread safe version?

I made an implementation of my current project where I fork processes
instead of using multiple threads. However, if I fork and have two
processes manipulating distinct PPL objects, I do not get a speedup by a
factor of two like I would expect. Is there anyway to get that type of
speedup?

Best,
John C. Paulson