[PPL-devel] Compiling PPL Java bindings on Mingw 32 bit

Gianluca Amato gianluca.amato at unich.it
Tue Mar 15 12:39:17 CET 2016

Hi,
I am trying to compile the Java bindings for PPL on a 32 bit Windows
system with MinGW. I have the following problems:

1) The configure script returns an error (something like "cannot include
jni.h"). The problem is that in the configure script, row 22978, there
are the following lines:

ac_machdep=`echo $build_os | sed 's,[-0-9].*,,' | sed 's,cygwin,win32,'`

JNIFLAGS="-I$ac_dir -I$ac_dir/$ac_machdep"

The sed command replaces cygwin with win32 in ac_machdep. The same
translation should be applied for mingw, otherwise the "-I" parameter
which is passed to the compiler points to an non existent directory.

2) With Linux I use "ppl-config -l" to determine the location of the
generated ppl_java.jar file. When I do the same in MinGW, "ppl-config
-l" returns something like "/usr/local/lib", which is not a real
directory in the Windows filesystem, but a virtual directory within the
MinGW (or MSYS) installation. Do you have any idea how I can recover the
real directory where PPL has been installed?

Thanks!

--gianluca