[PPL-devel] Implementation of convex hull for C_Polyhedron using only constraints

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Sat Jan 30 08:38:12 CET 2016

Hi Tushar.

There is one implementation of the convex hull for C_Polyhedra in the
PPL, based on the "usual" double description conversion procedure. In
principle, many alternative implementations can be obtained by using
finer granularity operators. However, no sensible advice can be given
for the "general case", since the efficiency is known to be highly
dependent on the specific input.

You can also have a look to the following paper, where (among other
things) there is a comparison of the performance of many polyhedra
libraries on the convex hull problem:

B. Assarf, E. Gawrilow, K. Herr, M. Joswig, B. Lorenz, A. Paffenholz,
and T. Rehn. polymake in linear and integer programming. Technical
Report arXiv:1408.4653 [math.CO], August 2014.

      http://arxiv.org/abs/1408.4653

Regards,
Enea Zaffanella.