[PPL-devel] Fwd: Fwd: PPL Interface Issue

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Apr 4 09:29:52 CEST 2014

Syed Sabah-ud-Din Gilani <leepianz at gmail.com> wrote:

>Dear Sir,
>
>It seems to come from a use of string, and there are very few place in
>Phaver where strings are used. I have already discussed with Dr. Goran
>(Phaver author) but he told me that they did't tested Phaver with PPL
>0.9
>and later. He guided me to comment out methods that are excluded from
>ppl
>1.1 and I did it. Sir, could this error be due to those commented
>methods
>i.e shrink_bounding_box etc and if so, let me know the alternate
>methods.
>
>Best Regards,
>*Syed Sabah-ud-din Gilani*
>

>On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Roberto Bagnara
><bagnara at cs.unipr.it>wrote:
>
>> Syed Sabah-ud-Din Gilani <leepianz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Dear Sir,
>> >
>> >I have attached the ppl-1.1 'config.log' file. Actually I am working
>on
>> >Phaver hybrid model checker that uses PPL. After configuring
>everything
>> >successfully when I start checking my model in Phaver it generates
>> >error. I
>> >have also mentioned my input and resulting output below.
>> >
>> >*Input:*
>> >-bash-3.2$ *./phaver mutex_2.pha          *
>> >
>> >Note: mutex_2.pha is a phaver file that contains model to parse and
>> >verify.
>> >
>> >*Output:*
>> >
>> >  Parsing file mutex_2.pha.
>> >  -------------------------
>> >File Opened
>> >YY Parse started
>> >terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
>> >  what():  basic_string::substr
>> >Aborted
>> >-bash-3.2$
>> >
>> >I am waiting and  will be very glade to have your positive response.
>> >

>> >Best Regards,
>> >*Syed Sabah-ud-din Gilani*

Dear Syed, I cannot check myself right now, but if you look at the PPL sources, you should see that string::substr() is only used (indirectly) in methods called ascii_load().  I very much doubt the ascii_load(), but please check that as well.  If I am correct, then your observation has nothing to do with the PPL.
Kind regards,