[PPL-devel] Parma Polyhedra Library

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu Mar 28 09:41:54 CET 2013

On 03/28/13 09:09, varza victor wrote:
> My question is about this paper "The Parma Polyhedra Library: Toward
> a Complete Set of Numerical Abstractions for the Analysis and
> Verification"
> (http://bugseng.com/products/ppl/documentation/BagnaraHZ08SCP.pdf)which
> describes a method to find min and max for a linear programming
> problem. The author used LP_Problem class which I haven't found in
> the source code of the PPL. He also suggest (page 13) that the LP
> Solver is only in the CVS repository.

Hi Victor,

see the NEWS for version 0.10 (released on November 4, 2008):

o  The class LP_Problem has been renamed MIP_Problem and now supports
   the solution of Mixed Integer (Linear) Programming problems.
   Support has been added for the incremental solution of MIP
   problems: it is now possible to add new space dimensions or new
   constraints to the feasible region, as well as change the objective
   function and the optimization mode, while still exploiting some of
   the computational work done before these changes.  Support has also
   been added to change control parameters for the pricing method.
   This allows a choice between the steepest edge pricing method,
   either implemented with floating point numbers (default) or with
   integer coefficients, and the textbook pricing method.

Kind regards,

   Roberto