[PPL-devel] ppl / multithreading

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Thu Dec 12 13:02:41 CET 2013

On 12/11/2013 03:25 PM, Samir Genaim wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   Is it possible to (safely) use PPL in a multithreaded setting? I
> tried using it in a Java multithreaded program but got some "Invalid
> memory access" and "Cannot allocate memory" errors, etc.
>
> Thanks

Hi Samir.

The PPL implementation assumes a single thread of execution. Therefore,
if you want to use it safely in a multi-threaded program, you should
force all invocations of PPL services to come from a fixed thread. Even
though there might be special cases where it would be safe to use
multiple threads, we never really investigated this possibility.

Cheers,
Enea.