[PPL-devel] ppl-1.1pre3 make check failed

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Nov 12 12:25:22 CET 2012

On 11/01/12 07:33, simpleisbest411 at yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> Hi, I'm having problems checking ppl-1.1pre3 on a cygwin1.7.17-1 and
> Win7 Pro. 64bit enviroment, please check this log error:
> $ make -j8 check
> Making check in .
> [...]

Dear Shin,

thanks for the report.  I believe your observation shows a bug
in Cygwin whereby a bogus version of std::floor(long double) is
provided.  You can verify this hypothesis using the C++ program

#include <cmath>
#include <cstdlib>

long double x = 13311002825915415087.0L;

int main() {
   long double y = std::floor(x);
   if (x != y)
     return 1;
   else
     return 0;
}

The program will return 1 if the version of Cygwin you are using
is affected (the one I am using is affected).

We have just uploaded a new snapshot of PPL 1.1 (to be released soon)
that works around this problem.  Can you please test it?
You can find the snapshot at

   http://bugseng.com/products/ppl/download/ftp/snapshots/

Please let us know how it goes.
Kind regards,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
                               BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
                               mailto:roberto.bagnara at bugseng.com