[PPL-devel] Problem when compiling ppl 0.12.1 on Mac OSX 10.4

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Mon Jun 18 08:42:08 CEST 2012

On 06/16/2012 06:47 PM, Ardillas del Monte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile ppl 0.12.1 on OSX 10.4 (aka Tiger) and I'm getting
> this error:
>
> src/Congruence_System.cc: In member function 'void
> Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Congruence_System::insert(const
> Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Congruence_System&)':
> src/Congruence_System.cc:183: error: no matching function for call to
> 'swap(Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Dense_Row&,
> Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Congruence&)'
>
> Basically, Tiger is complaining there's no way to call std:swap() with
> a Dense_Row object and a Congruence object.
>
> I tried to replace the swap() call, hand-coding what it's expected to
> do, but then the compiler also complains about the assignment operator
> between such objects, and it won't compile (I tried both using a
> Dense_Row object and a Congruence object as the temporary object for the
> swapping, but both approaches failed).
>
> Do you guess some way of rewriting such swap() call so that it would
> compile on my machine?

Hi.

Which compiler (version) are you using?

Can you please provide us a complete (small) example showing the
problem? Also, please send us the complete error message(s) you are
obtaining (your compiler should be also listing all the non-matching
candidates for that `swap' function call).

As far as I can tell by guessing (needless to say, a very error prone
diagnostic procedure), your compiler may be disregarding some friend
declaration (in particular, Congruence_System is a friend of Congruence
and hence should be able to convert a Congruence object into a Dense_Row
object).

Cheers,
Enea.