[PPL-devel] Problem when compiling ppl 0.12.1 on Mac OSX 10.4

Ardillas del Monte ardillasdelmonte at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 18:47:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to compile ppl 0.12.1 on OSX 10.4 (aka Tiger) and I'm getting
this error:

src/Congruence_System.cc: In member function 'void
Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Congruence_System::insert(const
Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Congruence_System&)':
src/Congruence_System.cc:183: error: no matching function for call to
'swap(Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Dense_Row&,
Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Congruence&)'

Basically, Tiger is complaining there's no way to call std:swap() with
a Dense_Row object and a Congruence object.

I tried to replace the swap() call, hand-coding what it's expected to do,
but then the compiler also complains about the assignment operator between
such objects, and it won't compile (I tried both using a Dense_Row object
and a Congruence object as the temporary object for the swapping, but both
approaches failed).

Do you guess some way of rewriting such swap() call so that it would
compile on my machine?

Btw, yes, I know, Tiger is old, and yes, I can use a newer machine, but if
you imagine a way of compiling that line it will be of great help because
this is my machine at home.

TIA

ardi