[PPL-devel] Minor bug in PPL test-suite

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Feb 14 11:46:32 CET 2011

On 02/04/2011 09:52 AM, J.S. van Bethlehem wrote:
> Today I was trying to compile,test and install the PPL library. I
> ran the configure-script with the options --enable-check=thorough
> --enable-valgrind-tests
> After successfully configuring and compiling the library, I ran
> 'make check'. This gave the same valgrind-error in many tests (not
> sure if it happens in all tests):
>
> ==3786== '--num-callers' argument must be between 1 and 50
> valgrind: Bad option '--num-callers=100'; aborting.
> valgrind: Use --help for more information.
>

> After replacing the --num-callers option in all Makefiles with
> --num-callers=12 (which is the valgrind default) everything seems to
> work fine.

Dear Jakob,

thanks for the report: we have reduced that parameter down to 40.

> Although I still haven't ran the full test suite since it's REALLY
> big. (a little warning somewhere in the README or INSTALL file may
> be nice)

We have still not found the right place and words (we do not
want to discourage the usage of `make check': it is crucial
to ensure the compiled version of the library is OK), but
will do at some stage.
Thanks again,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it