[PPL-devel] Minor bug in PPL test-suite

J.S. van Bethlehem j.s.van.bethlehem at astro.rug.nl
Fri Feb 4 09:52:58 CET 2011

Dear developers,

Today I was trying to compile,test and install the PPL library. I ran
the configure-script with the options --enable-check=thorough
--enable-valgrind-tests
After successfully configuring and compiling the library, I ran 'make
check'. This gave the same valgrind-error in many tests (not sure if it
happens in all tests):

==3786== '--num-callers' argument must be between 1 and 50
valgrind: Bad option '--num-callers=100'; aborting.
valgrind: Use --help for more information.

After replacing the --num-callers option in all Makefiles with
--num-callers=12 (which is the valgrind default) everything seems to
work fine. Although I still haven't ran the full test suite since it's
REALLY big. (a little warning somewhere in the README or INSTALL file
may be nice)

Yours sincerely,
Jakob van Bethlehem