[PPL-devel] Fwd: [constraints] MIPLIB Call for Contributions

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Sep 17 11:38:28 CEST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [constraints] MIPLIB Call for Contributions
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:32:48 +0200
From: Chris Beck <jcb at mie.utoronto.ca>
To: constraints at yahoogroups.com
CC: Timo Berthold <berthold at zib.de>

Hi Everyone,

I am passing along this announcement about MIPLIB as they are actively seeking problem instances and there is a considerable overlap between problems in past versions of MIPLIB and those that have been studied (often in different formulations) in the constraint programming literature.

Chris

--------
Dear colleagues,

Since its first release in 1992, the MIPLIB has become a standard test set
used to compare the performance of mixed integer linear optimization software
and to evaluate the computational performance of newly developed algorithms
and solution techniques.

Seven years have passed since the last update in 2003. Again, the progress in
state-of-the-art optimizers, and improvements in computing machinery have made
several instances too easy to be of further interest. New challenges need to
be considered!

Last year a group of interested parties including participants from ASU, COIN,
FICO, Gurobi, IBM, and MOSEK met at ZIB to discuss the guidelines for the 2010
release of the MIPLIB. It will be the fifth edition of the Mixed-Integer
Programming LIBrary.

Therefore, we are looking for interesting and challenging (mixed-)integer
linear problems from all fields of Operations Research and Combinatorial
Optimization, ideally ones which have been built to model real life problems.
We would be very happy if you contributed to this library by sending us hard
and/or real life instances. By now, we are especially interested in
benchmarking instances, i.e., problems that take between 15 minutes and two
hours to solve.

Find the submission webpage at
http://miplib.zib.de/miplib2010

The submission deadline will be the 1st October 2010. We are looking forward
to your contributions.

Thanks and best regards,
Timo Berthold on behalf of the MIPLIB committee (see webpage)

--
J. Christopher Beck
Toronto Intelligent Decision Engineering Lab

<*> Your email settings:
     Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
     (Yahoo! ID required)