[PPL-devel] [CLooG-dev] 'make check; errors in ppl-0.10.2 and 'gcc'

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Aug 27 12:20:41 CEST 2010

On 08/26/10 23:15, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
> Another piece of info I forgot to mention.
>
> In the end I need to build gcc-4.4.4. I am building it in two stages
> in addition to whatever stages used by 'gcc' build mechanism itself.
>
> First I build gcc-4.4.4 without 'cloog', then using this clogg-less
> gcc-4.4.4 I build 'cloog' and its dependencies, and then having built
> 'cloog' I build the final gcc-4.4.4 with 'cloog' - still using the
> cloog-less gcc-4.4.4.
>
> So now you know the gory details of the 'gcc' I'm using to build the stuff :).
>
> Again, IIRC, ppl-0.11 builds just fine using this scheme, but
> ppl-0.10.2 produces 'make check' errors we are discussing in this
> thread.

Dear Sergei,

thanks for the additional information.  I have completed the investigation
and I can say that your observation (which I have been able to reproduce)
is a problem in one of the demo programs of PPL 0.10.2 that in no way
can affect GCC.

Said that, I warmly recommend to use PPL 0.11, as PPL 0.10.2 will not
receive any further maintenance.  We have already identified a few minor
issues in PPL 0.11 and we plan to release PPL 0.11.1 soon.
I urge Graphiters to help us test PPL 0.11 on as many platforms as
possible in order to make sure PPL 0.11.1 will include all the necessary
patches.

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it