[PPL-devel] [CLooG-dev] 'make check; errors in ppl-0.10.2 and 'gcc'

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu Aug 26 07:05:39 CEST 2010

On 08/25/10 21:21, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
> On 8/25/10, Sebastian Pop<sebpop at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I think that this is more relevant to be posted to the PPL mailing list
>> rather than the CLooG development list.
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 12:38, sergstesh<sergstesh at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> while building ppl-0.10.2 I've noticed that 'make check' produces a
>>> number of errors (and ppl-0.11' 'make check' is
>>> clean IIRC).
>>>
>>> OTOH, 'gcc' uses ppl-0.10.2.
>>>
>>> So, are the 'make check' errors in ppl-0.10.2 significant and do they
>>> translate into 'gcc' bugs ?
>>>

>> I do not think that they would translate into gcc bugs.
>>
>>> If necessary, I can post screen output of 'make check' in question.
>>>

>> Please send the error messages that you are seeing, together
>> with more information about the machine and OS that you are using.
>
> Please find 'make check' screen output attached.
>
> Error messages are apparently at the end, but maybe some other info is
> necessary, so I decided to attach the whole file.

Dear Sergei,

as Sebastian anticipated, we need more information about the machine and
OS you are using.  We also need to know the versions of GCC, GMP and GLPK.
The problem shown by the log file you attached concerns ppl_lpsol, an
utility using the MIP_Problem class via the C interface of the PPL
(the same interface used by GCC).  In contrast, the same log file shows
that testing via the C++ interface in tests/MIP_Problem/ succeeds.
Looking forward to receive more information,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it