[PPL-devel] Test suites about PPL

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Mon Aug 23 08:55:46 CEST 2010

Peng Li wrote:
>  Hi There
>
> Currently, I am trying to test the PPL library.
>
> I am wondering whether PPL has its own test suites to facilitate the
> testing, I found there is a sub-directory named "tests", but seems that
> "make check" under this directory does not work, but recursively
> compiles the source code.

The recommended procedure for running the PPL tests is to first complete
a 'make' in the top build directory and then issue 'make check' (again,
from the top build directory).

Running 'make check' in the tests directory will definitely skip some of
the tests (e.g., those in demos) and it can lead to a compilation
failure if some required parts of the previous make where not
appropriately built.

Except for the cases said, it should be OK.
If you observe that 'make check' in tests is causing the compilation of
PPL sources, then it probably means that these were not built before.

Enea.