[PPL-devel] [GIT] ppl/ppl(pip): Added a standalone PIP solver demo program.

Sven Verdoolaege skimo-ppl at kotnet.org
Sat Oct 31 10:10:25 CET 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 01:31:14PM +0100, Francois Galea wrote:
> Thanks, I will have a look at these commits once I have implemented the
> support for bignums in the PPL solver.

Do you mean "big parameter"?

There's nothing really interesting to see in those commits.
I just mentioned them to show I'm not hallucinating.
In any case, in piplib, I just implemented the tricks
described in the manual.  You should probably look at that
before you start implementing.  Note that the manual proposes
two different tricks to handle negative unknowns and
negative parameters.  I have no idea why.
I mean, it's clear why you shouldn't use the other trick
in the main tableau, but it's not clear why you shouldn't
use a big parameter in the context tableau.
But you are problaby not using the dual simplex + Gomory cuts
technique in the context, so you shouldn't have a problem
with negative parameters.

skimo