[PPL-devel] Parametric integer linear programming solver

Albert Cohen Albert.Cohen at inria.fr
Sun Oct 11 23:23:29 CEST 2009

Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> Sebastian Pop wrote:
>> I would like to know whether there exists a parametric integer linear
>> programming solver that can be called from the PPL interface, or how
>> we could use from PPL an existing solver, like http://piplib.org
>>
>> We would need such a tool to improve the precision of the data
>> dependence analysis of Graphite by computing the reaching definitions
>> of array accesses.
>
> Hi there.
>
> I am very happy to announce that, mainly thanks to the excellent
> work of François Galea, the PPL now incorporates a parametric integer
> linear programming solver.  We are currently adding a C interface
> to it, and we would like the Graphite people to help us testing it.
> In the next few days we will submit a tentative documentation
> for the C interface, so that you can provide us with feedback.
> Once the interfaces are agreed upon, we will prepare a snapshot
> for you to play with (for your convenience only, as the
> PPL is in constant release mode: you can find all the code in the
> `pip' branch of the central PPL Git repository).
> Cheers,

This is great news Roberto! Thanks for your efforts and interest. I'm
sure there will be publishable work about this. It was an excellent match.

Konrad Trifunovic is currently working on other parts of Graphite and
optimization-related research issues, but we will do whatever we can to
help Sebastian on the first array data-flow analysis implementation in
Graphite.

Albert