[PPL-devel] make check fails on Freebsd in tests/Box/propagateconstraints2

Tobias Grosser grosser at fim.uni-passau.de
Mon Apr 6 21:04:13 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 19:04 +0200, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> Tobias Grosser wrote:
> > Installed gcc34 also fails. I will now try gcc current.
>
> Hi Tobias,
>
> something strange is happening.  And debugging cannot proceed
> unless we get access to a FreeBSD machine.  I am thus downloading
>
>    ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/7.1/7.1-RELEASE-i386-dvd1.iso.gz
>
> and will try installing it under VirtualBox.  I hope this installation
> process will go smoothly, as I have very little time to devote
> to this activity (I hope to be able to do that in a couple of weeks).
>
> Meanwhile, I would not delay the release of PPL 0.10.1.
> Concerning GCC 4.4, be reassured that that failure has nothing
> to do with the PPL features actually used in Graphite. So, even
> if your observation witnesses a PPL bug, this does not affect GCC
> in any way.
> Cheers,

Sure, keep going.
I will create a ppl 10.1 patch for Freebsd ports. If we actually find
the bug we can still patch it in the ports system.
Also this bug seems not to affect gcc/graphite. Nevertheless it would be
nice to get it fixed.

I will be back in Germany in about one week. There it will be easier to
set up a FreeBSD box for you to play with. So if you are under time
pressure you do not have to fix the bug right now. We tracked it down
and I will make a box for you available in two weeks.

Tobi