[PPL-devel] make check fails on Freebsd in tests/Box/propagateconstraints2

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Apr 6 19:04:28 CEST 2009

Tobias Grosser wrote:
> Installed gcc34 also fails. I will now try gcc current.

Hi Tobias,

something strange is happening.  And debugging cannot proceed
unless we get access to a FreeBSD machine.  I am thus downloading

   ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/7.1/7.1-RELEASE-i386-dvd1.iso.gz

and will try installing it under VirtualBox.  I hope this installation
process will go smoothly, as I have very little time to devote
to this activity (I hope to be able to do that in a couple of weeks).

Meanwhile, I would not delay the release of PPL 0.10.1.
Concerning GCC 4.4, be reassured that that failure has nothing
to do with the PPL features actually used in Graphite. So, even
if your observation witnesses a PPL bug, this does not affect GCC
in any way.
Cheers,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it