[PPL-devel] [Fwd: Updating ppl to 0.10preXX in Fedora?]

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Sep 7 21:14:51 CEST 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Updating ppl to 0.10preXX in Fedora?
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:17:54 +0200
From: Denys Vlasenko <dvlasenk at redhat.com>
To: Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it>
CC: Patricia M. Hill <hill at comp.leeds.ac.uk>,        Enea Zaffanella <zaffanella at cs.unipr.it>

Hi,

Can you update the Fedora ppl package to version 0.10preXX?
gcc guys seem to require it, currently available 0.9.x
seems to be a bit old. They say:

"currently, gcc configure will just disable the new optimizations
if sufficiently new ppl isn't found, but that might change soon
into just refusing to configure."

It seems that SUSE already did some packaging work on this, see

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rguenther/openSUSE_10.3/src/

I see that Roberto has done the packaging for Fedora.
If he doesn't have a time to do the update,
I can do it myself, if he doesn't mind me poking
into his spec.  Just drop me a note.

Best regards, Denys.
--
vda