[PPL-devel] PPL Installation

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Aug 15 00:51:36 CEST 2008

Roberto Garrido wrote:
> I am trying to install PPL in my computer. But I'am having some problems:
>
> I've unzipped ppl-0.9.zip in C:\cygwin\home\user (I've installed
> sucessfully GMP). After this I've done "configure; make; make install"
> in cygwin shell.
>
> There are two questions:
>
> 1)When I do "make" in cygwin shell, it returns the following:
>
> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /usr/local/lib/libgm
> pxx.la.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
>
> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /usr/local/lib/libgm
> p.la.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
> rm -fr  .libs/libppl.dll.a
>

> 2) when I'am compilling the following program:
>

> #include<ppl_c.h>
> using namespace std;
>

> int main()
> {
>
>   ppl_initialize();
>
>   ppl_finalize();
>
>   return 0;
> }
>

> It returns:
>
> $ g++ -o p3.exe p3.cpp -Wno-deprecated
> p3.cpp:4:18: ppl_c.h: No such file or directory
> p3.cpp: In function `int main()':
> p3.cpp:11: error: `ppl_initialize' undeclared (first use this function)
> p3.cpp:11: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each fun
> ction it appears in.)
> p3.cpp:13: error: `ppl_finalize' undeclared (first use this function)

Dear Roberto,

Your program has several problems, but the first thing you should find
out is where did you install the PPL and why your g++ does not find
the ppl_c.h header file.

P.S.  Then you should decide whether you want to use the PPL via its C++
       interface or via its C interface.  Moreover, please do not use PPL 0.9
       for any new project, use a snapshot of PPL 0.10 instead:
       ftp://ftp.cs.unipr.it/pub/ppl/snapshots/

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it