[PPL-devel] PPL Installation

Roberto Garrido garrido.roberto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 20:01:19 CEST 2008

I am trying to install PPL in my computer. But I'am having some problems:

I've unzipped ppl-0.9.zip in C:\cygwin\home\user (I've installed
sucessfully GMP). After this I've done "configure; make; make install"
in cygwin shell.

There are two questions:

1)When I do "make" in cygwin shell, it returns the following:

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /usr/local/lib/libgm
pxx.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /usr/local/lib/libgm
p.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
rm -fr  .libs/libppl.dll.a

2) when I'am compilling the following program:

#include<ppl_c.h>
using namespace std;

int main()
{

  ppl_initialize();

  ppl_finalize();

  return 0;
}

It returns:

$ g++ -o p3.exe p3.cpp -Wno-deprecated
p3.cpp:4:18: ppl_c.h: No such file or directory
p3.cpp: In function `int main()':
p3.cpp:11: error: `ppl_initialize' undeclared (first use this function)
p3.cpp:11: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each fun
ction it appears in.)
p3.cpp:13: error: `ppl_finalize' undeclared (first use this function)

Yours sincerely