[PPL-devel] Loading the SWI-Prolog interface of the PPL under Mac OS X

Enrico Franchi enrico.franchi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 14:25:59 CEST 2007

On Oct 8, 2007, at 5:42 AM, Fred Mesnard wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Enrico: thank you for your input, I've only installed the latest
> Xcode!

This is very strange. In one of your past messages autoreconf says:

% autoreconf
configure.ac:291: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
       See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:292: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
configure.ac:293: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

autoreconf: /usr/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is to say you are running an autoconf installed in /usr/*local*/
bin/autoconf.

However, XCode does not install autoconf (or automake) in /usr/local,
but in /usr.
You have either heavily customized the XCode installation stage or
you *did* install an additional autoconf.
I'm not even sure you can tell XCode to install stuff in /usr/local
without manually editing the installation scripts contained in the .pkg.

Moreover, that error is absolutely typical of configurations with
multiple autotools installed.
I had that very same error and fixed it as I suggested.

-enrico