[PPL-devel] GMP memory allocation problem in SWI-Prolog 5.6.38 and following versions

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Oct 8 11:57:22 CEST 2007

Jan Wielemaker wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 October 2007 10:25, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
>> Perhaps I am missing something, but this will break the overall
>> application completely.  I think SWI-Prolog should have his own
>> private version of GMP if it wants to change the allocation functions.
>
> Thats not possible, at least not using ELF binaries as in Linux.  Unless
> you make a copy of the GMP sources and rename all global identifiers.

It can be done without copying the sources: see

     http://www.cs.unipr.it/pipermail/ppl-devel/2007-October/011244.html

I am more and more convinced that only the overall application should
be allowed to invoke mp_memory_functions(): any component doing so
can only do that reliably with a private GMP version.
Cheers,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it