[PPL-devel] Compile error on last versions

Dario Meloni mellon85 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 21:39:34 CET 2007

That was helpfull. I have installed gcc 4.2.2 and had no problem on
that. To test the my environment works correctly i am trying to
compile version 0.9 and then i'll try the beta version which i need.

I had some problems with the recognition of the gmp version. The
script wasn't able to determine the right version stating that mine
was prior of 4.1.3 and had the cxx interface disbled, i have version
4.2.2.
So i have deleted the test in the file ac_check_gmp.m4 and made it
pass in any case, this was working with gcc 4.0.1 but now i get this
error

checking for shared library run path origin... done
checking how to link with libgmp... -L/opt/local/lib -lgmp
checking how to link with libgmpxx... -lgmpxx -L/opt/local/lib -lgmp
checking for the GMP library version 4.1.3 or above... yes  <-- hacked
test
checking for mp_limb_t... yes
checking size of mp_limb_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
(mp_limb_t)

GMP is installed with a 32bit ABI and with --enable-cxx flag in /opt/
local
I am using this configure script (gmp and gcc are installed in the /
opt/local path)
./configure --prefix=/opt/julia --with-libgmpxx-prefix=/opt/local --
with-cxx=/opt/local/bin/g++-mp-4.2

I think i'll give up installing the library on mac os x, i can think
where the error is, if in gmp, the compilers or the library

>> Here there is the original mail
>>> I am having a problem while installing the library on Mac OS X
>>> Leopard (10.5) on a Mac Intel. I tried the last beta and then
>>> tried the CVS version (last update done just 5-10 minutes ago [was
>>> 4 december])  since i need the jni libraries and there isn't such
>>> thing in 0.9.
>>>
>>> I am trying to put everything in a specific path (/opt/julia), to
>>> do so I have manualy installed the GMP library with enabled the
>>> cxx interface with that prefix, and i am building the PPL with
>>> this configuration:
>>> ./configure --prefix=/opt/julia --with-libgmp-prefix=/opt/julia --
>>> with-libgmpxx-prefix=/opt/julia
>>>
>>> The result of the makefile is in the attached file
>
> This looks like a compiler problem.  Which version of GCC are you
> using?
> My recommendation is to use GCC 4.1.2 or later version.
> All the best,
>
>   Roberto

Dario Meloni
mellon85 at gmail.com