[PPL-devel] Compile error on last versions

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Dec 7 11:27:52 CET 2007

Dario Meloni wrote:

> Maybe if i send it as a reply... ^^
> However i have zipped the compiler error log to avoid size problems
> hoping no one has problems with zip attachments

Dear Dario,

the problem we experienced is the content-filtering functionality
of Mailman, as explained here:

   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-February/043009.html

I don't know which kind of attachment you had in your original message,
but I would like to check: please resend only to me that message once
again.

Concerning zip, yes, our mailman configuration disliked it, so the message
was discarded.  For the future, I have added application/zip to the set
of allowed attachment types.  Now I need to authorize also the kind
of attachment you sent yesterday and on December 4.

> Here there is the original mail
>
>> I am having a problem while installing the library on Mac OS X Leopard
>> (10.5) on a Mac Intel. I tried the last beta and then tried the CVS
>> version (last update done just 5-10 minutes ago [was 4 december])
>> since i need the jni libraries and there isn't such thing in 0.9.
>>
>> I am trying to put everything in a specific path (/opt/julia), to do
>> so I have manualy installed the GMP library with enabled the cxx
>> interface with that prefix, and i am building the PPL with this
>> configuration:
>> ./configure --prefix=/opt/julia --with-libgmp-prefix=/opt/julia
>> --with-libgmpxx-prefix=/opt/julia
>>
>> The result of the makefile is in the attached file

This looks like a compiler problem.  Which version of GCC are you using?
My recommendation is to use GCC 4.1.2 or later version.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it