[PPL-devel] Re: Locating sicstus.h

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Oct 21 18:26:22 CEST 2005

Wilson, Walter wrote:
> "which sicstus" will tell you where it is on linux if it is in your path.

Dear Walter,

so the idea would be that once you know where `sicstus' is you also know
where `sicstus.h' is.  This would not work in case `sicstus' is a symbolic
link.  Say someone installs SICStus in /opt/sicstus-3.12 and then places
a link to /opt/sicstus-3.12/bin/sicstus into $HOME/bin, which is in PATH.

Anyway, while I keep looking for a more robust solution, I have implemented
an Autoconf macro that assumes `sicstus.h' is at a fixed relative path
from `sicstus':

http://www.cs.unipr.it/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ppl/m4/ac_check_sicstus_prolog.m4?rev=1.1;content-type=text%2Fplain

>>From the manual:
> In addition the following environment variables are set automatically on
> startup.

On startup of what?  Of SICStus?  So the idea would be to write a little
SICStus program that inspects the environment variables and prints them out?

> SP_APP_DIR
> The absolute path to the directory that contains the executable. Also
> available
> as the application file search path.
> SP_RT_DIR
> The full path to the directory that contains the SICStus run-time. If the
> application
> has linked statically to the SICStus run-time then SP_RT_DIR is the
> same as SP_APP_DIR. Also available as the runtime file search path.
> SP_LIBRARY_DIR
> The absolute path to the directory that contains the SICStus library files.
> Also
> available as the initial value of the library file search path

Thanks for the input,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it