[PPL-devel] SICStus interface

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu Oct 20 17:36:59 CEST 2005

Tristan Denmat wrote:
> Dear Roberto,
> Indeed, I mixed to things : I should have a ppl_sicstus executable file
> in /bin AND a ppl_sicstus.pl in /lib but actually I have none of them...
> (I am trying to install the 0.7 distribution)

Dear Tristan,

the first thing to clarify is what you mean by /bin and /lib.
If you really expect to find `ppl_sicstus' in /bin, then it
means you have configured the PPL with the --prefix=/ option
(something which is highly unadvisable, by the way).

If you did not use the --prefix option, then the right places
to look in are /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib, since the
default prefix is /usr/local.

> It looks as if the configure script doesn't guess that I have SICStus...

This is another possibility, indeed.

> Then, my question is how can I help it ?

Let us first try to diagnose the problem.  First of all, please do
not be offended if I ask you whether you gave the `make install'
command.  If you did not, then that is the problem.

I assume now you have a version of SICStus Prolog that is at least 3.9.1
and that the command `sicstus' is enough to launch the interpreter.
If you have an older version of SICStus, then you have to upgrade.
If the version is OK and `sicstus' is not in your execution path,
then you need to set the PATH environment variable

If version and PATH are OK, then please send us the file `config.log'
that the `configure' script creates in its current working directory.
I am sure we will be able to find the problem and solve it very quickly.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it