[PPL-devel] Prolog docs

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Nov 27 16:11:31 CET 2005

Samir Genaim wrote:
> The documentation of the Prolog predicates:
> ppl_Polyhedron_contains_Polyhedron/2 and
> ppl_Polyhedron_strictly_contains_Polyhedron/2 is not correct: "is
> included" should be contains (as it in the C interface docs).

Dear Samir,

which version of the PPL are you referring to?  In the CVS repository
we have the following:

<H2><CODE> ppl_Polyhedron_contains_Polyhedron(+Handle_1, +Handle_2) </CODE></H2>

    Succeeds if and only if the polyhedron referenced by
    <CODE>Handle_2</CODE> is included in or
    equal to the polyhedron referenced by <CODE>Handle_1</CODE>.

<H2><CODE> ppl_Polyhedron_strictly_contains_Polyhedron(+Handle_1, +Handle_2) </CODE></H2>

    Succeeds if and only if the polyhedron referenced by
    <CODE>Handle_2</CODE> is included in but not
    equal to the polyhedron referenced by <CODE>Handle_1</CODE>.

This seems correct to me.  Maybe in a previous version we had it
wrong?  Perhaps you mean that we should use a more direct language
like in the C interface?

/*! \brief
   Returns a positive integer if \p x contains or is equal to \p y;
   returns 0 if it does not.
*/
int
ppl_Polyhedron_contains_Polyhedron PPL_PROTO((ppl_const_Polyhedron_t x,
					      ppl_const_Polyhedron_t y));

/*! \brief
   Returns a positive integer if \p x strictly contains \p y; returns 0
   if it does not.
*/
int
ppl_Polyhedron_strictly_contains_Polyhedron
PPL_PROTO((ppl_const_Polyhedron_t x, ppl_const_Polyhedron_t y));

I am probably misunderstanding what you mean, so please do not hesitate
to come back to us.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it