[PPL-devel] Re: conftest.cc disappearing in a misterious way

Ralf Wildenhues Ralf.Wildenhues at gmx.de
Wed Jul 6 17:45:58 CEST 2005

Hi,

* Roberto Bagnara wrote on Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 05:36:17PM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> >* Roberto Bagnara wrote on Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 11:32:23AM CEST:
>
> I have asked the user to send me the complete configure script.
> Meanwhile, I have uploaded the config.log the user sent me:
> you can fetch it from

> I don't think I have made any copy and paste error, but maybe
> you can spot the cause of the problem.
> >this should be larger than 29687.
> >Somehow it jumps back?
>
> Yes, because it is in a loop: this is resulting from

Yes, I did bang by head against some imaginary wall after I sent this.
Not my day today, sorry.

You said you searched for this already: are all systems this happens on
on win32?  Maybe some unrelated process keeps some file open or prevents
writing to some file?  (just another wild guess though)

Regards,
Ralf