[PPL-devel] Re: conftest.cc disappearing in a misterious way

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Jul 6 17:36:17 CEST 2005

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> * Roberto Bagnara wrote on Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 11:32:23AM CEST:
>
>>1) tests are made for signal.h usability and presence:
>>   these are both successful;
>>2) immediately after, a test for sys/time.h presence
>>   failes because "g++: conftest.cc: No such file or directory".
>>   This is strange, because conftest.cc should have been created
>>   by the configure script.
>>3) The test for sys/time.h usability succeeds!
>>4) Both tests for sys/resource.h presence and usability fail for
>>   the same reason: "g++: conftest.cc: No such file or directory".
>

> Please post (a reference to or contents of) lines 29550 to 29700 of the
> configure script.
>
> Unless you did some copy and paste error, there is something fishy going
> on here:

Dear Ralph,

I have asked the user to send me the complete configure script.
Meanwhile, I have uploaded the config.log the user sent me:
you can fetch it from

     http://www.cs.unipr.it/~bagnara/config.log

I don't think I have made any copy and paste error, but maybe
you can spot the cause of the problem.

>>configure:29564: checking signal.h usability
>
>             ^^^^^
>
>>configure:29576: g++ -c  -g -O2  conftest.cc >&5
>>configure:29582: $? = 0
>>configure:29586: test -z
>>			 || test ! -s conftest.err
>>configure:29589: $? = 0
>>configure:29592: test -s conftest.o
>>configure:29595: $? = 0
>>configure:29605: result: yes
>>configure:29609: checking signal.h presence
>>configure:29619: g++ -E  conftest.cc
>>configure:29625: $? = 0
>>configure:29645: result: yes
>>configure:29680: checking for signal.h
>>configure:29687: result: yes
>>configure:29564: checking sys/time.h usability
>
>             ^^^^^
>
> this should be larger than 29687.
> Somehow it jumps back?

Yes, because it is in a loop: this is resulting from

AC_CHECK_HEADERS([getopt.h signal.h sys/time.h sys/resource.h sys/time.h sys/types.h unistd.h])

Cheers,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it