[PPL-devel] question about ppl and prolog.

P M Hill hill at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 09:30:58 CEST 2005

Dear Jie,

The PPL has been developed for GNU/Linux operating systems. A list of
platforms that have been used to install the PPL are listed at
http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/portability. It is not therefore so surprising
that you have a problem installing it in "windows". If you would like to
use the PPL, I suggest you try it on one of the recommended platforms.

For installing the PPL, see the instructions in ppl-0.7-1/INSTALL.
However, before installation, it is worth also checking the installation
requirements - and these are described at
http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Download/requirements.

Note also that instructions for dynamically loading the library in SICStus
Prolog are described in the user documentation (which may be read at
http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Documentation/user/).

Let us know how you get on.

best wishes,
   Pat