[PPL-devel] Re: Source Code

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Sep 15 08:54:00 CEST 2004

Sriram Sankaranarayanan wrote:
> The new tarball is attached. I could have generated a patch,
>  but this is easier
>

>  Just to make sure.. Here are the versions of things I am using
>
> srirams at Dali:~% g++ --version
>
> g++ (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)
>

> srirams at Dali:~% flex --version
> flex version 2.5.4
>
> srirams at Dali:~% ~/bin/bison --version
> bison (GNU Bison) 1.875c
> Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

I am using GCC 3.4.2, Bison 1.875d, and Flex 2.5.4.
There is only one problem in the sources you sent:

MatrixStore.cc:14: error: array bound forbidden after parenthesized type-id
MatrixStore.cc:14: note: try removing the parentheses around the type-id

This can be easily fixed by changing the guilty line to

    mat= new Rational*[n]; // the last column is the $b$ augment

> I tried it with your latest ppl bug fix, it works. Thanks for fixing that.

Thanks to you for your report!

> I have packaged the examples in with the src under lsting-src/Examples
>
> If you run
>
> lsting invcheck < inputfile
>
> it will print a message prefixed by the word ERROR
> on the stderr stream if something breaks (i.e, the computed
> invariant fails the inductive check.. which is finally all
> we care about :-)

Hey, but you proved it correct, didn't you?  :-)

> I hope this works without further troubles.

It seems it does.  We will use your program regularly
for regression testing.  Thanks!

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it