[PPL-devel] Re: Source Code

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Sep 14 15:25:10 CEST 2004

Sriram Sankaranarayanan wrote:
> Attached file lsting-src.tgz contains the source code for the library.
> Pls. direct any questions to me. It is not a sophisticated distribution.
> The makefile should work if you just edit the INCLUDE and GLBLIBS variables to
> point them to the right location for the PPL and GMP libraries.

Dear Sriram,

sorry for the delay in answering your message (I was attending a conference
in France).  I have followed your instructions, but compilation immediately
fails as follows:

$ make
bison -d ltrtest.y
ltrtest.y:245.1: syntax error, unexpected "|"
ltrtest.y:250.1: syntax error, unexpected "|"
make: *** [ltrtest.tab.c] Error 1

The version of bison I am using is

$ bison --version
bison (GNU Bison) 1.875
Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

> The examples are already available from my previous distribution. I have
> generated the timings and apart from that one case, the >= 3600s stand.
> It did make a difference in many low-dimensional examples. But the +s and
> -s stay unchanged (as expected). Will ping you when I update my page.
>
> Please let me know if everything works.

OK.  I downloaded the examples from
http://www.stanford.edu/~srirams/Software/Sting/lsting-examples.tgz
and I look forward to be able to try them.

> I will also send you a petri net analyzer that I built over PPL
> once I am done with a submission that is due next week.

Great!

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it