[PPL-devel] PPL info - bug report?

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Nov 24 11:09:30 CET 2004

Jacopo Mantovani wrote:
> Roberto Bagnara wrote:
>
>> The first thing to do is the following: after compiling the PPL
>> with `make', please run the regression tests with `make check'
>> and see if you see any failure.  Then come back to us and
>> we will proceed from there.
>

> I followed your instructions, and I attach here the (final) results of
> the check phase. Actually, three so-called 'expected failures' are
> reported, and I suppose that they can be the cause of the wrong
> behaviour of my version of the PPL..

Hi Jacopo,

no, the three expected failures are OK.

What is wrong, instead, is the following fragment of the file
you attached:

[...]
Making check in SICStus
make[3]: Entering directory `/root/ppl-0.6.1/interfaces/Prolog/SICStus'
make[4]: Entering directory `/root/ppl-0.6.1/interfaces/Prolog/SICStus'
make  check-local
make[5]: Entering directory `/root/ppl-0.6.1/interfaces/Prolog/SICStus'
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `check-local'.
make[5]: Leaving directory `/root/ppl-0.6.1/interfaces/Prolog/SICStus'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/ppl-0.6.1/interfaces/Prolog/SICStus'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/ppl-0.6.1/interfaces/Prolog/SICStus'
[...]

This is not what is supposed to happen: there is regression testing
code in the SICStus directory and this is executed, _unless_ the
presence of SICStus was not detected at library configuration time.
At some stage, the configure script will print

checking for sicstus...

What does it print afterwards?
Can you also please send the file `config.log' that was created by
the `configure' script?

Ciao,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it