[PPL-devel] Compiling PPL under Cygwin?

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Mar 16 08:31:23 CET 2004

Goran Frehse wrote:
> I'm sorry for not answering sooner. I was extremely busy these past
> weeks, and unfortunately I'm still not able to compile under Cygwin.
> I will attach my installation notes so far - they should work under
> Mandrake, SuSE and Redhat Linux.

Hi Goran,

thanks a lot for your installation notes.  We will use them to revise
the PPL's documentation.

> On a different topic, I've submitted two papers on a prototype tool that
> I'm working on. It verifies Linear Hybrid Automata using the polyhedral
> computations of the PPL. Compared to an existing tool (HyTech) it
> performs very nicely, and I am quite pleased with the speed of the PPL.
> I tried to give due credit to you in the papers and cited some of your
> work. In case you're interested in the topic, I'd be happy to send you
> the submitted drafts.

We are definitely interested.  If you send the drafts to me I will share
them with all the group.  With a better understanding of what you are
doing I am sure we will find room for further collaboration (we may improve
the library in ways that benefit your application, you may help us testing
our work).  By the way, it is great to have new applications of the PPL,
as this may give us a more precise statistics of the polyhedra that arise
in real problems.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it