[PPL-devel] Re: configure problem in ppl

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Jun 15 11:56:19 CEST 2004

root wrote:
> Respected Sir,
>             I have RedHat 9 , i386 system with GMP-4.1.3 configured with
> --enable-cxx installed.
>
>       When i run the following command to configure ppl-0.5. I get the
> message stating GMP not found. Could you please help us out in this
> regard?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> --saurabh

Dear Saurabh,

usually this means that your installation of GMP, if any, has not
been compiled with the C++ interface enabled.  So the first questions
I have to ask are:

1) Do you have GMP installed on your system?
2) If so, was it compiled with the --enable-cxx option?

> [root at maple ppl-0.5]# ./configure --enable-cxx
> --with-gmp-include=/pkgs/GMP-4.1.3/include
> --with-gmp-dir=/pkgs/GMP-4.1.3/lib --prefix=/pkgs/PPL
> --exec-prefix=/pkgs/PPL

This seems to suggest there has been a misunderstanding:
`--enable-cxx' is not an option of PPL's configure script;
it is an option of GMP's configure script.

Once you have installed the right version of GMP (with
the C++ interface enabled), if the problem persists,
please write us back (ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it) and
include the file `config.log' that is generated
by PPL's configure script.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it